First of all, as ordered, here are 11 things about myself..
- I love my car, a beautiful bright blue VW Polo called Ralph, an unhealthy amount.
- I think that kitten heels are the work of the devil.
- I have a ridiculously overpowering,but totally rational, fears of velvet (ughh) and celery (ughhhh).
- I really wish that I hadn't given up performing arts.
- My family and I have moved 4 times.
- I am an Aquarius.
- I love my two dogs, Jenny and Compo, so very much and miss them a great deal when I'm at uni.
- Within a week of knowing my friends at university, I knew that I'd found friends for life.
- My boyfriend's smile still gives me butterflies.
- Seafood makes my stomach turn.
- Last year, I swam out of my depth in the sea for the first time ( I love swimming, but really hate the ocean)
Aaaand, here are the questions that I was asked..
- What is your favorite trend this S / S 2012?
I really like the whole metallic theme that's coming in, I'm a big fan of shiny and sparkly. However, I'm not a fan of 'flatforms'..
- List three online stores where you prefer to buy (the best in your opinion)
Definitely Topshop, first and foremost. Then probably Etsy, mainly for the jewellery because they have some really cool, quirky and unusual pieces. I also can't forget Jack Wills, which used to be my favourite store until I became a student and decided I'd have to start putting their lines on birthday and Christmas lists from now on, instead of buying them for myself.
- Why did you start writing a blog?
I've been following a few blogs for over a year now, and I've found a lot of useful tips and cool things this way, so I thought I'd like to do something like that so that I can not only share things with the blogging world, but also document memories or fun things without having to put it all on Facebook.
- What language would you learn?
Definitely French. I used to love learning it in secondary school, but once I moved to Wales the focus was put more on Welsh (which I really loved/love learning)
- The perfume that you would not know to give up?
I love Marc Jacob's Daisy, which I've been wearing for about a year and a half, but my Dad got back from Russia yesterday and bought me Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely. It smells really nice and I'm very excited to start wearing it once the Daisy runs out (which will be soon)
- What phone do you own?
HTC Wildfire S. It's a brilliant phone, but I recently attacked part of it with glittery nail polish, and my boyfriend stuck a picture of a puppy on it..
- Favorite movie?I think I'm going to have to say 10 Things I Hate About You. Such a good film and I'm a huge Heath Ledger fan.
- Three essential beauty products
I have really sensitive skin, but the Nivea Daily Essentials line is brilliant! I can't go a day with out using the day cream or cleansing wipes. My only other essential is probably just any of my Rimmel London foundations (see previous blogs).
- What's your last purchase?
Two Topshop gold rings (textured band ring and another one which doesn't seem to be on the website.. and a 'totes amaze' bracelet from Miss Selfridge, which sadly exploded when I put it on just before going out that same night.
- What kind of music do you prefer? (Favorite band if you have one / two)
I'm really into the likes of Bon Iver, Gabrielle Aplin, Ben Howard, Kimbra and all that, but I'm also a massive rap/hip-hop fan at heart. My heart will forever belong to Eminem.
- What do you think of social networks? They have more advantages or disadvantages? Say what you like among the many!I think social networking is not only a great way to keep in touch with people, but also to share your ideas and creativity. I'm a big fan of mainly Facebook and Twitter (follow me @Matildahhh_)
This is turning out to be an incredibly long post.. Sorry! Anyway, here are my 11 questions for the bloggers that I'll tag below.
- Who are you favourite bloggers at the moment?
- What are your three top make up items?
- Do you read/look at the pretty pictures of any fashion magazines? If so, which?
- If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?
- Who is your hero?
- What is your opinion of velvet?
- What is your staple item of clothing? (One which you go to if in doubt)
- Did you make any New Year's resolutions/are you keeping to them?
- What is your life long ambition?
- Do you believe in horoscopes?
- What's your favourite colour?
I suddenly lost all inspiration when I started writing the questions, so sorry if they're a bit boring! Anyway, I quite enjoyed doing this-it's been fun finding out things about both myself and others. The blogs tagged below are people whose pages I've become a fan of since starting out on my blogging journey (other readers, you should also check out their blogs)
Beth (probably the most creative person I have ever met)
If you read all of this, I applaud you. Thank you :)